Wednesday, July 19, 2006

today, i decided to juz take a day off from the hectic skool life and juz simply retire into the comforts of my sanctuary - my room. okay...i suppose its only half a day. but still i guess its still good. and only then did it suddenly dawn upon me that my room has turned into a junkyard..or wads the title of the story i learnt in sec skool lit..oh yes...THE WASTELAND. yes..and i am part of the waste.
so instead of a pleasant quiet relaxing afternoon, i mustered the last ounce of energy i had left in me and started packing the waste. and lets juz say that in a wasteland sometimes, u may just find metals that are able to be recycled and in my sanctuary, i found a part of me that seem to have been chucked aside forgotten over the years .
as i was cleaning out the whole closet and cupboards, missing pages that had fallen out from my diary, past diaries, vcds, novels and secretly penned down thoughts all resurfaced within the next one hour. call me a daydreamer but "romeo and juliet", "a walk to remember", "pride and prejudice" were once my favourite past-time novels and i could spent endless long hours pouring tears of joy, sadness, laughter over every single word the author articulate and anticipating the very next happening of the story. also, i found what was known to be a non-understandable novel - "to kill a mockingbird". haha. come to think of it, i rmb buying it along with pride and prejudice. i suppose it was under the spur of the moment when u suddenly feel that no english language can ever possibly put u down that made me bought it. and if i am not wrong, i stopped at page 15. maybe i will try to read it again now. hopefully, my english now will be able to at least let me understand till page 45. and then perhaps when i reach 20 yrs old den i contd readin till pg 100 and so on.
oh yea, and i actually had a queer habit of putting down the date and time i bought the books.
"pride and prejudice" & "to kill a mockingbird" was bought on the 17th of july, 1998; 4:30 pm.
"romeo and juliet" was bought on the 23rd of Dec, 2000; 10:00 am. (tts on my mummy's bdae)
its funny tt in sec 4, my eng teacher had actually shown the video on "pride and prejudice" british production, and i actually have no recollection at all that i read the book. talk abt ageing. i guess i will be the first to suffer from dementia.
and juz to think that i literally cried for 2 days continuously for two strangers that lived in different centuries and continent from me (romeo and juliet), and perhaps nvr existed, just make me speechless. i think i was a lil mad then, durin my childhood. but then again, i dun think i am any betta now.
throughout the whole afternoon, i had been wondering to myself: if i had loved this part of me, being the daydreamer that i am, why did i lose it in the first place? perhaps i realise that i didnt have the time to daydream anymore. perhaps i realise that i didn't want to daydream anymore. perhaps i didn't believe in it anymore...perhaps perhaps.but i suppose i will try to recycle that part now that i know where did i misplace it, coz i liked to daydream..haha...sounds stupid. its juz a nicer word for stoning. really.
ANYWAYZ, juz a tot:
"its the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance, It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes a chance it's the mind afraid of losing that never learns to give, and it's the soul afraid of dying that never learns to live."

No comments: