Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Before another event threatens to overwrite the unforgettable event - "Singapore Rock!", I shall blog about it now.
This event is specially organized for the old folks to reminisce their good ole days when they were still in their early 20s and 30s. yepz..the era which we refer to now as the A-GO-GO period. Come to think of it, I dun even noe when did that fashion started or cameabt. We had to dress up in retro outfits to sorta fit into the theme and seriously, it gave me a headache as to what to wear.
Hours before the event, grace popped over to my house to give each other fashion advice on which one looks more retro...actually to be honest, we were like "hmm..i think that one look more ah-ma-ish on you lei" or "ya ya...that one look more outdated". In the end, after much hassle, grace went with a super long black skirt and white top and me, basically reeking with pink. Okays. Perhaps only the top part. But definitely not my usual kind of self.
Apparently, the two pple who got pretty excited over my wear were my darling folks - daddy and mummy. They seem only too glad that I was wearing that outfit and even wanted me to take a photo before I go out. sigh. At least I know I am wearing retro enough. And the horrifying thing is that they wanted me to wear that for one of the days we go Chinese New Year visiting! (-_-") haha..Talk about being dramatic.
Well, looking on the bright side of things, I dun have to wear that for the first two days because it is a tradition (still available in my family customs) that you wear new outfits for the first two days. So I will probably wear that when my parents bring me go visiting some unknown place. Good idea.
Anyways, as usual, I brought my camera along despite my ghastly looking self. These are some of the pictures we took.



I actually had wanted to take a picture of the old folks, while they were dancing as well as during their make-up, but ALAS! I was too busy with applying the make-up for the old folks myself that I hadn't had the time to even whip out my camera to snap some shots till the whole event is over. BOO...Too bad.
But at least I manage to capture the moment with all my frenz in it. –smilez-



TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

YVONNE - sorry darling...i think you must have talked to my dad instead coz i haven been on MSN for the past few days. haha...you are still so full of nonsense. lol. tc and i still love you loads okays? dun be angry *hugs*

LYNETTE - (-_-") you wud find that dish yummy if you werent the one getting splashed..haha..dun worry abt the barbaric moments yea? its only becoz fawwaz is more experienced tts why he handled the dish with less hassle...i guess. lol and if you really wanna noe how barbaric you looked, i suppose you can always get the footage from lewis since jin sheng took the honour of not only taking photos but also filmed down your whole eating process. cant be too bad ba...anw, love you!

CHUA - whoa...you actually read blogs de ar? you really are a "xi ke" manz. haha...i tot of putting tag board sia but guestbook allow others to read the past few msg left by my frenz lei. (or maybe only i am the only one reading those msgs again and again la) haha... okays...will put if i not lazy ya? the gaylovers blog does bring back some nostalgia hor...are you feeling angsty again? haha...sometime i will oso go and view the blog despite the fact that no-one has updated that blog eons ago. :( anw, cya tml ya? tc and hope you rmb how i taught you to cycle ya? hmm?

No comments: