Thursday, February 19, 2009

my eyes are close to being a single line and i am still not be able to get to sleep w/o getting a few words off my chest.

today was a frightfully eventful day for all the wrong reasons. had a miscommunication with my mum over my late grandma's dedication mass. During lunch, my mum mentioned to me that we had to leave the hse at 6pm SHARP for the mass which she has requested for by a catholic church for my grandma. as i had tuition from 4-530pm, i told my mum that i will end arnd 545pm at AMK and leave straight for the church via bus 159. and she said ok.

while i was travelling on the bus at 615pm, reaching the church, i received a call from my dad and he told me that i can go straight home already for the mass has ended. apparently it started at 6pm and my parents left the hse at 5 plus! omg.

naturally my mum was pissed that i missed the mass and assumed i missed it cos i was reluctant to go. and at home, when i asked my mum to clarify if she gave me the wrong instructions, she uttered in her usual prim and proper tone that she TOLD me that we had to REACH the church at SIX PM SHARP and that i was NOT TO BE LATE.

well, i didnt take it too well obviously cos its my grandma's mass firstly, and secondly, i had to re-schedule my entire tuition to another day just to attend the mass. if i had been so reluctant to go in the first place, would i have changed the tuition timing and then miss it on purpose? seriously, i am busy. i dont have time to play such foolish games with myself. and of course, that being said, i will not be so obnoxious to assume that i heard right immediately upon my mum's statement. i mean that wud have been unfair. but my maid told me laughing a while before they reached home that she heard what i heard over lunch today. THERE. i dun wanna argue with my mom cos seriously she is acting like she is the only person who loves my grandma.

to think that at least they cud have called when they realised i wasnt at church at 6pm?! instead of when the mass is over? i dont know. maybe i am trying to find excuses for myself. but of course, i am in a bias stand to comment. i am just irritated and depressed now but i dun show it cos i know it makes everyone's mood worse. like my mom's pissed off attitude is already affecting my mood to do basically anything - even sleep. i know i am sounding rude and nasty and all but this huge chunk of emotions is really steaming off from the fact that i really made time and effort to attend it.

tough week ahead.

good luck with it.

No comments: