Sunday, February 08, 2009

okays...so for the first time, my mum understood how it felt to attend something you didnt really want to go for and on top of that, miss your show and get stuck in that place for more than 2hrs. eeps!
well, long story cut short, she went for a wedding dinner with my dad, reluctantly i may add. However, because she missed the first wedding dinner that this same family threw for the first daughter / son, and the dad (who is my dad's friend) wasnt pleased, she turned up for this one out of courtesy. haha
my plans of spending some time alone at home, of course, needless to say, was completely dashed by her continuous sms bombs to me, asking me to talk to her. haha. just thinking of the many times she told me to put my hp away when i was msging my friends during some dinner makes me wanna laugh. anw, so being the experienced person in this field, haha, i did a countdown of the no. of dishes left with her for the entire dinner. hahha never seen this side of my mum before..it was quite cute.
well, i have been to few weddings and might i add, even fewer interesting weddings. of course, some were hilarious and downright entertaining. but some, you just tell yourself to eat. I suppose no couple will ever wanna admit that their wedding had been boring or dull, and to a certain extent, its even true. cos that occassion is the most significant to them, more than anyone else in the room. and because you have been the one seeing to the nitty gritty details from day one, and rushing abt before and during the banquet, no way you will say it had been dull.
for me, after attending those few weddings, i realised that sitting with the right company is essential for having a happy wedding dinner. like for my mum's case, well, of course she didnt enjoy herself a variety of reasons. firstly, she is the ONLY lady at the entire table of 15. Secondly, all the men there happened to be my daddy's old friends. none knew my mom, except for acknowledging her as my dad's wife. wedding dinners are actually one of the ways for people to catch up old times with their loved ones and friends - though it is a pretty expensicve way. but its the truth cos you wun actually see the wedded couple for more than 15 mins of the entire dinner actually. so you are required to self entertain if there isnt a lively host during the wedding. if i have to sit with a group of people i never met before, of course i will simply be just eating dully for the next two hours of the evening, like my mum, who is naturally quiet.
but that being said, i still think planning for weddings are interesting though. although i only helped out for a small part for one of my ex. colleagues' wedding last year - with the wedding montage - it was interesting to learn to do new stuff, and of course, hearing pple asking arnd who did the montage for the couple and receive comments from your other colleagues things i can improve on next time, and that it was in general quite nice - for an IT noob. ahhaha nah...of cos they didnt add the last part. but for an IT noob like me, it was quite fun to do.
orite. i just felt like typing out some stuff on my blog.
still counting down the days to which i can receive my driving license! WHOOHOO!!!!
.
.
.
would i find the right tune for these lyrics:

i wish i can see the path laid for me and see what happens to me till then.
but i know i cant, so i'll keep asking myself - if this feeling is right.
or is it just another wrong attempt to hide an unavoidable truth.
hints are as far as i can bring myself to go.
to tell it to you, point-blank in the face, is almost too much for me to bear.

i hope i find it soon...=(
.
.
.

No comments: