Friday, June 05, 2009

going for another eating gathering..haha. well, it means more pictures to be uploaded on Facebook and everything else. will prob upload tonight's photos along with the past two gatherings i had.
Anw, its Pot Luck Time. i realised i got so obsessed with cooking recently, i havent baked for a very very very long time. so i offered to bake cookies and brownies for this Pot Luck...and I FAILED BIG TIME IN THE KITCHEN! =(
my brownies turned out disastrous with burnt layers on top and UNCOOKED LAYERS at the bottom! omg. how is that even possible. i know the brownies' fragrance came out faster than usual although i set it to lower temp. and it smelled bitter after 3 mins more. but bimbotic me still went ahead to let it continue bake! why? cos i didnt see the brownie start to rise yet.
so when i finally tested my brownie with the toothpick and realised it is super cooked, i frantically took it out and saw 3/4 of it black on top. yucks.
feeling dismal, i laid the brownie on the table to cool first, as if hoping a miracle to happen. i thought, please let the brownie uncook a little by itself. and IT DID! in fact, it uncooked itself so much and so unevenly, that when i cut the brownie, the brownie was NOT EVEN HALF BAKED beneath the charcoaled layer! omg. ugh ugh
feeling upset, i went to my dad's room to complain and my dad looked at me and said "did you switch the oven such that the heat is heating up from both top and bottom and not top only? cos mummy switched the oven such that it only heats the top just the other day."

OMG.

So for the benefit of future bakers and myself, please take note that before you even start to bake, ensure the oven to set to the 3rd picture and NOT THE SECOND! whatever the first means...
Anw, my second batch of brownies is baking happily in the oven, set to the correct conditions now.
yes, feel happy for me.

No comments: